Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Student Loan Made Easy By CITI Bank

Bookmark and Share


Citi-Bank's student loan services provide a variety of options for student looking for financial aid in the hopes of going to school. The bank provides options for both


http://danielsdem.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/20080417_citibank_33.jpg
undergraduate and graduate students along with special loans for students entering the law and healthcare professions.

The company offers Stafford Loans as well as private loans to help student pay for school. Stafford Loans are loans provided to students attending an accredited institution of higher education within the United States. Stafford Loans are guaranteed by the federal government and the terms and conditions of the loan are fixed through legislation.

Citi-Bank also offers private loans to students which are different than Stafford Loans. Private loans are not guaranteed by the government and, unlike Stafford Loans, are based on factors such as income and credit history making them more difficult to access in the current economic climate.

Applying for a student loan through Citi-Bank is easy and can be done completely online. All the necessary forms are provided to the students online and the process moves very smoothly from page to page. I had little to no trouble completing and filling the forms with Citi-Bank.

I have used Citi-Bank to fund my graduate school education and accessed Stafford Loans through them on two separate occasions. Because I am close to graduating, only three classes left, I have begun to explore the repayment options provided by Citi-Bank to their clients.

Because my student loans are Stafford Loans the repayment conditions are different than had I accessed a private student loan. Stafford Loans allow a student up to 10 years to repay the loans accrued while in school. They also offer deferment and hardship designations for qualified loan holders who are unable to make payments due to unforeseen circumstances.

The Repayment Advisor service provided online has proved very helpful to me in my research and with the aid of the folks at Citi-Bank I have been able to begin to budget for when my loans comes due. I am very happy with the service and have recommended it to friends and family a like.